Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On Hope...post-election

As I was telling my conservative and liberal friends after Obama's election I am not completely devastated. In truth, the night he was elected was dark but the morning after I felt a sense of renewal. Here's a quick list of why:

1. Thank God campaigning season is finally over!

2. It's time to start over. The G.O.P. is a mess, time to clean up.

3. We can't be blamed for what happens in the next four years.

4. Having a black president will hopefully put to rest all the absurd beliefs about America being a racist country.

5. Hopefully more conservatives will be inspired to get more actively involved in politics.

6. Maybe now the G.O.P. will finally invest in good PR and Marketing.

7. The time has come to resurrect true conservative values, not just spew out right-wing rhetoric.

8. A reminder that salvation does not come from the government. Culture is what informs politics. If we can work toward a more decent, moral society, politics will reflect that. The reverse does not work as some liberals believe. This is why liberals act like it's the end of the world when the G.O.P. is in power, but conservatives get over it quicker...

Thus, I completely agree with Dennis Prager:

The treatment of President George W. Bush by liberals has been despicable, undeserved and unprecedented. We who oppose Barack Obamas policies will, hopefully, act in accordance with conservative values of decency. Hence my simple announcement on the day after the election: I did not vote for him. I did not want him to be president. But as of January 20, 2009, Barack Obama will be my president.

Read his full article by clicking here.

3 comments:

The Conservative Manifesto said...

Exactly.

Ed Morrissey had a terrific post-election piece: Learning to be the Loyal Opposition.

Simone said...

My favorite part:

Some have said that acting like petulant children worked for the Democrats in 2006 and 2008, and scoff at the notion that we should act like grown-ups now. I’d remind people that we lost the majorities in 2006 and the White House in 2008 not because Democrats acted like petulant children, but because Republicans acted like Democrats, especially on spending, pork, and corruption.

nicole said...

I couldn't agree more!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin